Mind Pump is an online radio show/podcast that has been described as Howard Stern meets fitness. It is sometimes raw, sometimes shocking and is always entertaining and informative.
The hosts, Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer and Justin Andrews have over 40 years of combined fitness experience as personal trainers, club managers, IFBB fitness competitors and fitness thought leaders.
In this episode, we dive into a lot of topics including: The current state and the potential future of fitness industry, training for the rights reasons, why movement is so important for longevity, benefits of prolonged fasting, how to use technology in a healthy, beneficial way, and much more.
Navigating the modern world
The fitness industry is filled with meaningless businesses, and finding fulfillment in life is harder than ever. Most people want to get strong and jacked, and a lot of people sale them meaningless training and nutrition programs. Beyond the saturation of crap on the market, even when people do get strong and jacked, the voices inside their heads of “I’m not good“, “not strong enough”, “not jacked enough” are still there.
Navigating modern lifestyle to be healthy, strong, and fit is an art. It’s up to us to take responsibility, get informed, learn from history, experiment, make smart decisions, and apply technology to help us get better.
- Work out because you love your body not because you hate your body — Take care of yourself as if you’re taking care for someone else important in your life.
- Treat workouts like practice, not like working something out — Your body knows what it needs. It’s good to start working out with programs, but when you learn how to feel your body well, you can design your own workouts based on feel, and those will benefit you the most. Mike trained with Max Shank (episode #69) doing a workout using 2 x 4 sticks only!
- Learning skills is key for physical health — When you perform movement with skill, the rest of the body responds in the way you want it to. That means you don’t have to focus on getting jacked, else hitting the movement right. That’s why you see some 150 lb. guys, who can move more weight than 260 lb. guys. Sure, there is benefit to getting your sweat on and going into the pain cave, but intensity shouldn’t be the focus of working out.
- RESTORE by Zach Bush — It’s important to take care of your gut, because when your gut is off, you start to develop thing like arthritis, a.k.a. systemic issues. Both Sal and Mike love their results from taking RESTORE, a soil-derived, scientifically-backed mineral supplement that has been shown in lab studies to strengthen tight junctions in the gut wall, our firewall against toxins entering the body. RESTORE helps create a biological environment for good gut bacteria to grow and flourish, to support improvement of overall health.
- Prolonged fasting can get you bigger and stronger — For the past 5–6 months, Sal started every month by not eating for 48–72 hours. The results have been amazing, not only he has a more clear mind and more energy, he also gained 8 lb. of lean body mass! Sal discovered prolonged fasting to be most beneficial for him, more than daily intermittent fasting. Fasting gives your digestive system a break, so it can heal. Old cells die when you fast, and new cells are created when you refeed yourself. For more infor on fasting, check out Mind Pump’s Intermittent Fasting Survival Guide.
- Paul Chek is the Godfather of wellness — Paul Chek (Barbell Shrugged episode #301) is descriibed as one of the smartest, raddest people on earth by both the Shrugged and Mind Pump crews. “He’s the Godfather of wellness.” Mike and Paul were recently on the same mastermind panel at Paleo f(x) called “Solid Relationships, Great Sex, and YOU”. Check out Paul’s famous book: How to Eat Move and Be Healthy!
- We have more room for creativity today than ever — Mike is a fan of a book called The Last Safe Investment, which drives the point on why this is the era of creativity. Investing in 401(k), IRAs, and a home, used to be great ways to secure a few decades of peaceful time, but not anymore. Today, if you want to get ahead and enjoy a life of prosperity, you must invest in the last safe investment, which is yourself, your own skills, value to others, relationships, and overall happiness. Physical skills and technical skills are being fulfilled for us by computers and robots, which means we can and should focus on interpersonal skills and creativity. Podcasting is a great example of why this is the era of creativity, as there has been an insane amount of ideas exchanged in the past few years.
- Kambo — Kambo is a substance that comes from frog secretion, and for many indigenous cultures in the Amazon, this purgative, immunity-boosting medicine is very important. Known in Portuguese as the “vaccine of the forest,” it has also gained renown outside of the Amazon as a powerful treatment for chronic pain and drug dependence. For more info, check out the last episode: The Bledsoe Show w/ Simon Scott: Burnt & Poisoned #77, and Kambo Cleanse.
Get 15% OFF Qualia with promo code: Bledsoe15
Connect with Mind Pump
Connect on social: Mind Pump Instagram, Mind Pump Facebook | Adam Schafer Instagram, Adam Schafer Facebook | Sal Di Stefano Instagram, Sal Di Stefano Facebook
Resources: Mind Pump Media
[…] via- https://shruggedcollective.com/tbs_mindpump/ […]
I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else
experiencing issues with your website. It looks like some of
the text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else
please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening
to them as well? This may be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen before.